The overwhelming impact of COVID-19 on business resulted in the rapid adoption of new digital technology and practices. The online market provides a wealth of opportunity for business, as consumers continue to move online. Now more than ever, businesses see the benefits of investing in digital technology, to not only ensure business survival but also to advance opportunities.
This digital expansion will require government assistance, to support better cyber security as businesses move to online storage, as well as supporting businesses adopt new digital skills and capability.
Improve digital capacity
- Prioritise and fund high speed internet for regional Queensland.
- Continue and scale the rollout of high-speed internet across regional Queensland.
Connecting with businesses
- Targeted funding of digital grants for businesses
- Invest in whole-of-government knowledge sharing and collaborative platforms for interactions with businesses.
Incentivise digital adoption
- Design and implement a digital approach in government that promotes e-commerce as best practice.