Sustainability has become a key priority for many businesses, especially those looking to reduce their production waste, save on utility expenditure, and/or boost their reputation.
This sustainability-led change also reflects on growing consumer preferences and sentiment, as well as global policies pushing for products and services with a lower or offset environmental footprint.
Transformation of communities
- Funding for local councils to develop plans for transition to sustainable and resilient communities.
- Implement and fund regional transformation plans.
- Invest in a low carbon living program.
Support sustainable industries and business practices
- Targeted funding for businesses to purchase technologies that improve sustainable practices.
- Grants that allow businesses to invest in technologies that accelerate business adoption of improved energy, water and waste usage.
- Program support for businesses to scale, diversity and grow sustainable products and services for domestic and international markets
Boost investment in sustainability research and development
- Support the development of a market for valuing natural capital.
- Identify and provide funding to high value, high skilled industries for targeted research and development support.
- Prioritise financial mechanisms that respond to environmental risks.
Additional ecoBiz investment
- Longer-term funding commitment with increased coaching and partnership targets.
- Expansion of funding or use of tax/license fee credits to finance capital investment recommended under the ecoBiz program.
- Program funding to support adoption of emerging sustainability enhancing technologies, practices and policies.