The Queensland Budget FY23 was handed down this week and we have been unpacking what this means for Queensland businesses, including investments geared at supporting business opportunities and growth.
Read our budget analysis here.
Click here to download Queensland Budget FY23 summary report
Ensuring business is ahead of the game
The FY23 Queensland budget needs to be a budget which ensures Queensland business is ahead of the game.
This budget should continue to address the past period of upheaval, while also future proofing businesses, removing hurdles and enabling our skilled workforces to provide Queensland with a competitive advantage.
We have put forward a robust budget submission based on real feedback from our members and businesses across the state.
We have applied a practical and strategic lens to our recommendations to provide support for the day-to-day needs of our business community right now, while also looking to transform the economy over the next decade so the whole state benefits from the Olympic Games.
To do this, our key recommendations for this budget are to:
- Remove hurdles: reduce operating costs and complexity in doing business.
- Smart infrastructure – connect regions to build resilience.
- Skilled workforce – drive upskilling in emerging industries and markets.
- Sustainable practices – develop and enhance products and services for future sustainability.
- Connected businesses – advance technology to generate opportunities.
Hear from CCIQ CEO Heidi Cooper
And CCIQ Innovation and Strategic Partnerships General Manager Peter Collyns
Download our State Budget Submission for more on our recommendations to support Queensland businesses to:
- Pursue a sustainability-led transformation to advance our economy
- Lead economic recovery
- Get ahead with Brisbane 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games planning
CCIQ has for over a decade been dedicated to working with all levels of government to not only highlight the impact that red tape has on business but to also identify opportunities for reform.
The most recent 2021 CCIQ Red Tape Survey confirms the burden of red tape has intensified and continues to adversely impact the performance of Queensland businesses.
Read CCIQ State Budget news.