2015 Digital Survey Report
Technology is a key driver of small business success, so every year we ask Queensland SMEs to tell us about their digital set-up, usage and challenges.
The aim is to gain a better understanding of how we can help small and medium operators embrace the digital opportunities available to their business through excellent education, resources, advice and services.
CCIQ's Digital Readiness Survey Report is the most detailed and comprehensive analysis available of small business's IT attitudes, habits and strategies.
So how is Queensland business going?
The 2015 CCIQ Digital Readiness Study Survey Report shows that:
- 94% of Queensland businesses have a website, but only 47% are mobile friendly and only 1 in 10 Queensland businesses have invested in a dedicated mobile application.
- Almost 60% of businesses don't have a digital marketing plan.
- 30% of businesses would use social media to engage customers if they understood it better.
- Up to 60% of respondents reported a network security breach in the past 12 months.
- 1 in 4 businesses are concerned about the availability of people with digital skills,
- 34% of businesses said IT was a high-cost activity with low or unknown ROI.