Episode 9 - Using Old-School Marketing to Get an Edge on Your Competition
Welcome to The Business over Breakfast Podcast, and in this episode Andrew and Bree are getting retro and talking old-school marketing techniques. So often in business we become fixated on online and social media campaigns that we forget those tried and tested techniques that not only work great but will also set you and your business apart.
Bree’s back with Toaster Time and it’s Mario Calanna who’s feeling the heat this week. Mario is the CEO of the family-run Calanna Pharmacy Group - an innovative business that focuses on natural health products and services.
And, as ever, the guys are sharing plenty of advice and wisdom that you can use to get your business firing on all cylinders. Plus, they’re looking at a few weird and wonderful ideas in the Food for Thought section. Enjoy!
In this episode, Bree and Andrew discuss:
- Standing out from the crowd with old-school marketing
- How the perfect combination of marketing in business is combining the best of new-school with the best of old-school
- Getting your brand out there in the local community
- Interesting and innovative tips for building partnerships
- Clever ideas to reach out to your target audience and engage with them
- Going back to giving your business a personal touch that clients can really connect with
- New-school marketing and how it feels like we’re doing a lot more but not getting as much traction
- Mario Calanna on the importance of creating a family environment for clients
- The combination of ambition and humility - building a business based on self-belief
- Mario on building confidence through public speaking and playing sport
- Andrew and Bree’s top five old-school marketing tips