Wins for Business
Our advocacy team consistently produces results and delivers positive changes in areas such as electricity prices, paid parental leave, infrastructure spending, national minimum wages, workplace relations, OH&S laws and environmental regulations.
If you’d like to see how we can produce a win for you, take a closer look at some of the successful outcomes listed as Mission Accomplished below.
Chamber of Commerce & Industry Queensland (CCIQ) is committed to representing the interests of its members and the Queensland business community as a whole.
An important aspect of this role is our capacity to develop policy and in turn advocacy on industry related issues, designed to build a better business operating environment.
CCIQ plays a pivotal role in identifying issues and their impact on industry, as well as researching, analysing and developing appropriate responses to government policies, taxation initiatives, programs and legislation.
We do this by:
- identifying emerging issues and how to strategically manage these
- providing practical advice and a business perspective
- developing policy positions.
CCIQ represents the views of members by:
- publicly commenting on legislative, administrative and industrial issues
- participating directly in debates with governments and other stakeholders
- providing formal submissions to governments on behalf of members
- working in cooperation with state and local governments to identify and address issues that impact on Queensland business
- responding to media, governments and the general business community to analyse and comment on the performance of the economy and other key business issues
- national policy input.