Industry Approved COVID Safe Plans
- Industry COVID-safe plans are now available for:
- Queensland Hotels and Clubs (hotels, clubs and RSLs)
- Food Services (restaurants, cafes and caterers)
- Tourism (accommodation and tourism experiences, including tours)
- Wine Industry (Cellar door tastings & sales, winery back of house tours, wine region tours)
- Aquatic sport
- Swimming pools and aquatic centres
- Field Sports
- Fitness Facilities (gyms and health centres)
These plans can be accessed here.
COVID Safe Checklists
You required to complete and display COVID Safe checklist before trading once Stage 1 Easing of Restrictions commence on 11.59 pm on 15 May 2020.
COVID Safe checklists are required for businesses that provide dining-in for customers, such as restaurants, cafes, pubs, RSLs, clubs, and hotels (food courts remain closed) and beauty therapy services:
- COVID safe checklist for Restaurants and Cafes etc
- COVID safe checklist for Beauty Therapists and Nail Salons
If you do not offer these services, you do not need to complete a checklist. All businesses should, however, be following the work health and safety guidelines.
Key Points for businesses requiring COVID Safe checklists
- These checklists tell you what you need to do if you are a business in the above two categories to be COVID Safe. The checklists include input resulting from consultation with key industry stakeholders.
- You must complete the Checklist to ensure you comply with essential health requirements to enable you to open and provide a safe environment for your customers and your staff.
- You must complete, sign and display the checklist in a prominent, visible location at your business premises.
- You are not required to submit this checklist to Queensland Health, however, a relevant enforcement officer can check compliance at any time and/or may ask for a copy of the signed checklist.
- Your staff must complete mandatory COVID Safe mandatory training within two weeks of your business commencing. Staff that commence with your business after this two-week period must complete this training before commencing. See the COVID Safe mandatory training section below for more details.
COVID Safe mandatory training
This training will be mandatory and must be completed within two weeks of a business opening/reopening.
An online training program is currently being developed to provide all staff in industries requiring a COVID Safe Checklist with training which will allow them to help ensure a COVID Safe work environment. Staff that commence with your business after this two-week period must complete this training before commencing.
- The COVID Safe training programs will be available online for dining services and beauty therapy services through TAFE Queensland shortly. Details will be made available on the COVID 19 website soon and you can register for the training here https://tafeqld.edu.au/covid-safe. You will be notified once the training is online.
COVID Safe Plans
More information will soon be provided around the COVID Safe Plans referred to in the Roadmap to Easing Restrictions. These will be industry best practice and demonstrate that businesses in compliance with the plan have created a safe environment which may allow greater flexibility in the application of the restrictions.