CCIQ 101 Series: Personal & Carer's Leave
CCIQ's new 101 series explores common HR issues we know businesses like yours are facing. The first session will address the misconceptions and key elements of personal and carer's leave to assist you in understanding your obligations and how to apply this entitlement.
Sick and carer's leave (also known as personal or carer's leave) is an entitlement which allows employees to take time off to help them deal with personal illness, caring responsibilities and family emergencies. However, understanding how this entitlement is applied can be difficult.
Your ticket price includes:
- A copy of The Personal/Carer's Leave Guide
- Attendance to the 1-hour session
Why you should attend:
- Our CCIQ Employer Assistance advisors will CCIQ Advisors will provide answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about personal/carer’s leave.
- You’ll learn about how personal/carer’s leave is accrued by your employees
- Why you need to understand the difference between paid and unpaid leave
- When it is reasonable to ask an employee for evidence for taking sick leave
- What you need to know about disciplining an employee for taking leave
- 7 conditions that must be met before you cash out personal/carer’s leave
- 4 findings from legal cases involving the sick leave entitlement
- 4 essential document templates you’ll need for dealing with personal/carer’s leave
When: Tue 30 Jan, 7:30 am to 8:30 am
Venue: CCIQ (Industry House) 376 Wickham Terrace, Spring Hill QLD 4000
Cost: $330 for Members, $397 or Non-Members (Light refreshments including tea and coffee will be provided)