CCIQ's webinar 'Changes to contractor rules in Queensland: What it means for business' is now available to watch on demand. Learn about changes to contractor laws and the implications for Queensland businesses in contracting agreements.
Key webinar takeaways:
What the changes mean for you and your business.
Why terms of a well-drafted written contract are essential.
How CCIQ can support your business to manage your contractors now and in the future.
Access a contract template to use in your business.
Watch on demand: Protect your business with cyber security
Watch our webinar "Protect your business with cyber security" on demand. See why cyber security is an essential component of your business, the potential risks associated with ignoring cyber security and what improvements you can make to start securing your business.
Top three takeaways:
- Use a different mindset and think about digital as a tool. It can help you run a smarter business.
- Access the Cyber Health Assessment Tool to benchmark your cyber security – and if you’ve done it already, share it with your network so they can benefit too.
- Password managers are a good idea but anything can be hacked – make sure your cyber security is up to date and review monthly as a minimum.
Free Cyber Health resources to secure your business:
- Cyber Assessment Tool: Complete the free Cyber Assessment by BrightREDD to identify gaps in your cyber security.
- Educational videos and resources: Search the Cyber Health YouTube page for cyber security essentials summarised into digestible video tutorials and articles.
- Subscribe for cyber tips: Subscribe to CCIQ emails and tick ‘Cyber Security Updates’ to receive fortnightly emails with tips and tricks on how to protect your business.
- Stay connected on social media: Follow Cyber Health on Facebook and LinkedIn.
Watch on demand: Accessing business flood recovery grants and loans: Tips for successful applications
CCIQ’s webinar 'Accessing business flood recovery grants and loans: Tips for successful applications' is now available to watch on demand. See valuable insights speakers Queensland Rural and Industry Development Authority Natural Disasters and Drought Manager Sheree Finney and Small Business Minister Di Farmer provided on applying for disaster recovery grants and loans.
Three top takeaways:
- Don’t self-assess. Get in touch with QRIDA to confirm your eligibility to ensure you don’t miss out. Contact 1800 623 946 or email@example.com.
- Grants and loans are available to assist with immediate and longer-term recovery.
- See the QRIDA website for eligible local government areas – 19 are activated.
For more details on disaster recovery support, see the CCIQ website.
You can also read CCIQ’s SEQ Floods 2022 Submission: Support needed for business relief and recovery, including details on the holistic support package we’re calling for to acknowledge the compounded impacts of COVID and natural disasters.
Watch our webinar 'Financial counselling services for disaster and COVID impacted business' in partnership with Brisbane Business Hub on demand. See what valuable insights were provided for support available for financial counselling.
Top three takeaways:
- Rural Financial Counsellors are able to help businesses in financial distress or those who are at risk of being in financial distress. Get in touch to find out how you can be supported to prepare for the future of your business.
- The service is able to help you access tools and resources to make decisions about what’s best for your specific circumstances. They don’t give advice but help you access information to allow you to make informed decisions. Anything you discuss with Rural Financial Counsellors is confidential.
- The service is free!
Watch our webinar in partnership with Brisbane Business Hub 'The value of mental health for you and your staff' on demand. See what valuable insights were provided to help you get back to business.
Top three takeaways:
- Whilst we all have similar experiences, how we experience them can be different within communities, workplaces and as individuals. It is very important to think of the things we can influence to build mentally healthy workplaces and on individual level, we can look to develop ourselves to support our health and build our wellbeing as well as supporting those around us.
- Some practical examples that can help to maintain positive mental health and wellbeing are: regularly exercising or taking a break every once in a while; managing loneliness by connecting with family and friends, checking in with each other and acknowledging this is a shared experience and you can tackle it together. Never lose 'hope', remember this isn't forever. Redefine and acknowledge your achievements.
- New-Access for Small Business Owners (NASBO) is a joint initiative by Beyond Blue and Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman (ASBFEO). It is a fully funded mental health coaching program specially developed for small business owners. New Access coaches are equipped with small business background and can support business owners with practical tools to manage stress and help them move forward. The program is available nationally via phone or video call from 8am to 8pm (AEST), Monday to Friday. Call 1300 945 301 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch our webinar in partnership with Brisbane Business Hub Disaster Recovery: Support to get back to business on demand. See what valuable insights were provided to help you get back to business.
Top three takeaways from the webinar:
- Office of the Queensland Small Business Commissioner can assist businesses in providing personalised information and can connect you with services to support you. Contact via: 1300 312 344
- There are support resources available including: Grants, loans and rebate; services (free or low cost); health and well being; training and skills; resources and tools. Be sure to watch the webinar on demand in case you missed it.
- Handy tips and checklists readily available on 'Small Business Disaster Hub' app. It is available as a website or an app to download. Access practical clean-up tips, checklists, suggested messaging and other resources through the app.
Watch on demand: What 2022 means for business: A conversation on the latest CCIQ Pulse data analysis
CCIQ hosted a discussion over latest CCIQ's Pulse data analysis in partnership with Brisbane Business Hub. The Pulse Survey has been measuring Queensland business confidence and expectations for over 20 years.
This video is an opportunity to hear from our panellists: Chris Isles from Brisbane City Council, Stephen Haddad from Mitsubishi Motors Australia and Simon Dell from Cemoh discussing the results that give perspective on Brisbane and other Queensland businesses' key understanding of the market operating environment and insights on 2022 conditions.
- Stay up to date on latest business conditions
- Interactive discussion around future of business in COVID recovery
- Networking with business owners and industry professionals
Watch our webinar How to manage workplace conflict on demand to learn
- How to deal with challenging situations in the workplace
- Learn about relationship building & understand conflict communication
- Step-by-step conflict resolution conversion
Watch our webinar in partnership with Brisbane Business Hub to understand the art of making agreements to avoid future conflict and take away important tools and techniques to manage workplace conflicts led by an experienced Industrial Relations advisor skilled in case management, conciliation, mediation Michael O'Brien from CCIQ.
Watch our webinar How to build your personal brand on demand to learn:
- How to build your personal brand & why it matters
- The power of visual storytelling to build trust & grow your network
- What your core essence is and how reflect it through your headshot
Watch our free webinar in partnership with Brisbane Business Hub led by award-winning creative problem solver Kathleen from By Ninja and personal brand photographer Rebecca Taylor, you'll walk away ready to create a brand image that conveys trust and credibility.
Watch our webinar New COVID business conditions in Queensland: A webinar with Small Business Minister Di Farmer on demand to learn how best to get ready for the changes.
Watch our webinar Stapling: How to comply with new super legislation on demand to learn how Single Default Account works and how your business can comply with this important change.
Watch our webinar COVID vaccine in the workplace: A policy to protect your business on demand to learn how CCIQ's Precedent Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy can help protect your business from legal action.
Mental health is a significant issue right now, with many business owners have experienced significant challenges over the last 12-18 months due to ongoing disruption and uncertainty. Learn what mental health support is available for your business with Beyond Blue with this free webinar.
The panel includes:
Mel Novak - Small Business Engagement Manager
- Tim Hoopman - Speaker, Mentor and Coach
Watch our webinar Have your questions on the COVID-19 business support answered on demand where Small Business Minister Hon. Di Farmer provides clarity on COVID support.
The panel includes:
- Hon Di Farmer, Minister for Employment, Small Business and Minister for Training and Skills Development
- Warwick Agnew, Director-General, Department of Small Business and Training
- Stephen Tait, CEO, CCIQ
- Amanda Rohan, GM Policy and Advocacy, CCIQ
Watch our webinar on demand where we sat down with government decision makers and asked them questions about the support packages available to small businesses in Queensland.
The panel includes:
- Hon Di Farmer: Minister for Employment, Small Business and Minister for Training and Skills Development
- Warwick Agnew: Director-General, Department of Small Business and Training
- Steve Koch: Deputy Director General Investment, Department of Employment, Small Business and Training.
- Leon Allen: Acting Under Treasurer