Work Health and Safety Coaching
Work Health and Safety (WHS) involves the management of risks to the health and safety of everyone in your workplace. This includes anyone who works for your business as well as your customers, visitors, suppliers and contractors.
It may initially cost money and time to implement safe practices, however, not taking action could result in prosecution, fines and potentially, the failure of your business.
Why Does Work Health and Safety Matter?
Employers are legally required to provide health and safety training in order to keep the workplace safe for all workers and any visitors and customers.
Commitment to WHS starts with understanding and identifying issues that could lead to an incident, injury or harm to health.
Here are some examples to consider:
- Physical hazards such as falls from heights, electricity, manual tasks, noise, heat, cold or ventilation.
- Plant and machinery operation hazards such as might arise from cutting, grinding, pressing or rolling.
- Biological and health hazards such as contact dermatitis, infectious diseases including handling syringes containing contaminated blood, allergens e.g. that cause asthma and other illnesses.
- Radiation hazards, such as welding flash.
- Psychological hazards, such as fatigue and stress. Inadequate training or supervision can contribute to stress
- Ergonomic hazards, such as carrying or moving heavy objects, or the height and position of workbenches.
Is your business struggling to fulfill and understand your work health and safety (WHS) requirements?
CCIQ can help you.
CCIQ available WHS Resources
Receive the FREE e-book ‘WHS Risk Reduction & your Workplace’ to kickstart your learning journey.
- Work Health and Safety Risk Assessment Sheet
- Hazard Identification Checklist
- Work Health and Safety Policy Template
- Work Health and Safety Action Plan
- Work Health and Safety Business Profile Template
All checklists and plans are short, straight-to-the-point documents provided in easy-to-print PDF format.
You will need a CCIQ membership login to access these files. Please contact CCIQ if you require assistance.
If you are feeling overwhelmed, and need catered support, consider CCIQ’s WHS coaching.
What is WHS coaching?
CCIQ’s WHS Coaching is a 12 month program designed to assist Queensland businesses to understand and implement Work Health and Safety obligations.
WHS Coaching will help your business:
- Be aware of safety obligations
- Meet legislative responsibilities
- Reduce injury risk
- Approach safety requirements with confidence
What do you get with WHS coaching?
The 12 months coaching program is designed to assist businesses with:
- 4 x 2hr virtual coaching sessions to take within a 12 month time frame
- Facilitated WHS Health Check to determine the level of injury risk
- Business-specific reports outlining strengths, challenges, and recommendations provided at the start and end of the program
- Access to e-resources and coaching on implementations applicable to business needs
- Access to industry-specific educational webinars
- Industry-specific email updates on legislative changes
WHS Coaching Price:
Member: $3650 + GST = $4015
Non member: $4670 + GST = $5137
For more information, enquire via email to find out all the benefits of CCIQ’s WHS Coaching program.