Terms & Conditions
Set out below are the terms and conditions applying and between Queensland Chamber of Commerce and Industry Limited ACN 009 662 060 ("we/us/our/ CCIQ") and CCIQ members (referred to as "you" and "your") which will apply with respect to your Membership of CCIQ.
- Membership is for one year commencing on the date your application is received and the Membership fee paid and is renewable on the anniversary of that date in subsequent years.
- To the extent that these terms and conditions are subject to any statute relating to unfair contract terms, including the Australian Consumer Law, the parties agree and acknowledge that:
- (a) the parties had an opportunity to review these terms and consider them prior to their acceptance;
- (b) the terms included herein are fair and balanced between the parties, properly protecting the legitimate commercial interests of both parties; and
- (c) to the extent that terms herein are offered without an opportunity to renegotiate those terms, they are offered by us on the basis that:
- (i) the agreement relates to services provided to a number of members on equal and equivalent terms;
- (ii) they protect all parties by the clear allocation of risk and responsibility, in a way which is appropriate to the risk assumed and benefit provided under the agreement;
- (iii)any restraints and conditions are necessary and reasonable to preserve and protect the continued operation of our business.
- If any provision of this agreement is held to otherwise be unlawfully inconsistent with Consumer Legislation, it is deemed to be explicitly negatived and void.
- The Membership levels, the benefits associated with those levels and membership fees are referred to in the Schedule. There are also some special terms that apply to the “MyHR Manager” Membership level in the Schedule. Membership with CCIQ will also entitle you to receive certain offers and discounts available to Members.
- Membership fees must be paid annually in advance, unless you are using monthly direct debit facilities.
- An invoice will be sent to you annually before your renewal date and it will state when the fees are due.
- The benefits of Membership may be suspended, or this Agreement terminated by us without notice if Membership fees are not paid by the due date in the invoice.
- Subject to this Agreement, Membership fees are not refundable if you terminate this agreement during your Membership year.
- You agree to notify us of changes to your contact details in writing, so we can provide the benefits of membership to you.
- We can change these terms and conditions, including benefits of membership from time to time, by updating these terms and conditions on our website. The changes will come into effect 30 days after the amended terms have been posted on our website.
- You can upgrade your Membership by completing an application form and making payment for the new level of Membership. When that occurs, the membership join date will be updated to the date of the new membership. If you have paid your previous Membership annually, you will be granted a pro rata credit for the fees paid for the previous Membership year in your new Membership year. (By way of example, if you upgrade your membership 5 months through a membership year, and you paid your Membership fees annually, the fees for the remaining 7-month period will be credited towards your new Membership year fees for the new Membership year.) The price of the upgrade for monthly subscribers will be monthly fee for the new Membership level.
We offer payment of the annual membership fee via monthly instalments through our arrangement with SR Global Solutions Pty Ltd (trading as “Merchant Warrior”) except for “International” & “BRQ” memberships. If you pay monthly, the number of payments is twelve (12) payments per annum. Should you elect to pay your annual membership via monthly direct debit, your membership will be renewed automatically unless this Agreement is terminated by you in writing prior to the beginning of your new annual Membership year. If you pay monthly, you will be provided with a tax invoice 30 days prior to your renewal date. This tax invoice is for your tax records only and is not payable, as your monthly payments will continue.
- Subject to this Agreement, Members who elect to access monthly direct debit payments and who choose to terminate this Agreement within their annual Membership year must pay the balance of the annual Membership fee on termination of the membership.
- We reserve the right to cancel the monthly instalment arrangement immediately if three (3) or more monthly instalments are returned unpaid by your nominated financial institution and to arrange with you an alternative payment method.
- We can amend our Membership fees annually by providing written notice to that effect at least 30 days before the change will take effect.
- Any advice we provide in the course of providing the services under this Agreement is provided on the basis that you have accurately disclosed all relevant facts and circumstances (both past and present) to us and relates only to those facts and circumstances. If a query you make or task you require, requires legal advice from a lawyer, we will advise you of this and recommend a lawyer for you to contact.
- We will not use, disclose or copy any Confidential Information of yours unless this is reasonably necessary to perform the services under this Agreement or you otherwise consent or is required by law. This obligation also applies after this agreement comes to an end. "Confidential information" includes any information designated or treated by you as confidential or any other information that would be regarded as confidential at law.
- All Intellectual Property developed by us in the course of providing the services under this Agreement to you remain vested in us. We hereby grant you an irrevocable non-exclusive, royalty free licence to use the Intellectual Property strictly for the purposes the services were provided but otherwise without expiry.
- Any Intellectual Property owned by us remains exclusively our property and nothing in this Agreement assigns, transfers or otherwise grants a possessory right in that Intellectual Property to you, including in circumstances where that Intellectual Property forms part of any information or services provided to you under this Agreement. To the extent that it is reasonably necessary for you to obtain the benefit of services provided under this Agreement where Intellectual Property owned by us is an intrinsic part of those services, this Agreement grants you an irrevocable non-exclusive, royalty free licence to use the Intellectual Property strictly for the purposes the services were provided under this Agreement but otherwise without expiry.
- You agree that from time to time, information provided by you to us, including your contact information, may be provided to third parties who advise us or who may contact you directly to assist with your business needs. You also agree in providing that information pursuant to these terms you explicitly consent to us sharing that information, provided always that it is in the interest of providing you with the services under this Agreement. To avoid any doubt, your benefits under this agreement include access to a referral network, by which third parties that may be able to assist you will be authorised to contact you directly. Nothing in this agreement binds you to any further contract with any third party, unless separately agreed.
- To the extent permitted by law:
- (a) You agree that our liability to you in relation to breach of any term, condition or warranty relating to provision of the services under this Agreement or any other legal obligation under this agreement is limited to:
- (i) An amount equal to the amount of fees paid by you to us pursuant to this agreement (excluding any GST); or
- (ii) If applicable, the provision of any services under this Agreement again, without charge.
- (b) Where any legislation voids or prohibits a provision in this agreement which excludes or modifies any term, condition, guarantee or warranty (Obligation) imposed by law, that Obligation will be deemed included in this Agreement to the extent that the law requires. Our liability for breach of such Obligations will be limited to the minimum liability permitted by law and where permitted, at our option, to providing the services under this Agreement again or payment of the cost of having the services delivered by another party.
- this agreement can be terminated by you by providing us with 4 weeks’ notice if you do not accept any changes we make to this Agreement pursuant to clauses 10 or 15 , If you do not provide us with 4 weeks’ notice of your intention to terminate the agreement, you agree to pay us the relevant membership fees for the period the notice is not provided.
- Either party can terminate this agreement without notice where the other party commits a serious or persistent breach of the provisions of this agreement or engages in any other act or omission that could justify summary termination at common law.
- If you lawfully terminate this Agreement under clause 5, you are not liable for Membership fees for the remainder of your Membership year (if you pay monthly). (Alternatively, if you have paid your Membership fees annually, we will refund your Membership fees for the reminder of your Membership year).
- This agreement cannot be assigned by you without our consent in writing. This agreement can be assigned by us in writing.
- We can sub-contract the provision of services under this agreement.
- If any provision of this agreement (or part thereof) is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, such invalidity or unenforceability will not affect the other provisions (or parts) of this agreement.
- Save as otherwise indicated, all amounts payable under this agreement are expressed as inclusive of GST.
- This agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties with respect to its subject matter.
- This agreement is governed by the laws in Queensland and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that state.
Membership Levels and Benefits:
The MyHR Manager is a total of 12 consulting days per membership year. Flexibility toward moving scheduled days to include an additional day per month may be given, however additional consulting days can be purchased on top of the 12 MyHR Manager specified consulting days where the 12 consulting days have been exhausted prior to the membership expiry date.
Recruitment, on boarding and induction, performance management, management of disciplinary processes, employee grievances and disputes, termination of employment, coaching and mentoring on HR best practice, salary benchmarking, drafting policies and procedures and employment contracts, advice about compliance with industrial legislation and awards (including award interpretation), HR administrative activities, advice about Workers’ compensation and return to work, HR risk identification and low level audit compliance project management.
MEMBER OFFERS, BENEFITS AND DISCOUNTS
Trade Delegation & Business Matching
Fee for service Trade Delegation and Business Matching service which includes a one-hour face to face business matching session with one business from any relevant trade delegation.
China-Australia Free Trade Agreement (ChAFTA) included in all International 10 memberships who joined after 15 October 2018, plus 30% discount on additional modules of choice *^
^ Limited to one module log in per person.
No Membership level includes: enterprise agreement negotiations, BOOT testing or lodgements or approvals, enterprise agreement analysis, responding to unfair dismissal and general protections applications, workplace investigations, mediation services, facilitated training, high level strategic consultancy and organisational change activities, nor representation before tribunals, Commissions or Courts.
The following consulting fees apply with regard to this provision:
Member consulting fees $198.00 per hour (GST inclusive)
Unfair Dismissals $1,868.90 flat fee (GST inclusive)
General Protections $1,868.90 flat fee (GST inclusive)
Mediations $242.00 per hour (GST inclusive)
1 to 10 employees $1,650.00 (GST inclusive)
10 to 20 employees $2,475.00 (GST inclusive)
20 to 30 employees $3,300.00 (GST inclusive)
Trade Consultancy Services, Inbound Trade Delegations & Business Matching Services
Business Ready QAssure SME
Full Public listing
Business Ready QAssure ENTERPRISE
By using our online accreditation service and in submitting your information to use the Service, you warrant that the information you supply to us is, to the best of your knowledge, accurate and complete. Neither we (nor any of our authorised representatives) will be liable for any charges or other damages arising in connection with any incorrect information provided by you. Misrepresenting or withholding information is grounds for the withdrawal of access to the Site or the Service and/or denial or revocation of the accreditation. If there is any change in any of the facts given and you are unable to change them on your application, you must immediately notify CCIQ by emailing email@example.com
Special terms that apply to “MyHR Manager” membership level
Freelancer (Annual) - $180 incl GST per year
International 40 - $2,500 incl GST per year
International 45 - $3,500 incl GST per year
For the purposes of this Agreement “Intellectual Property” means:
All copyright, inventions, patents (including patent applications), trademarks (whether registered or not), designs (whether registrable or not), eligible circuit layout rights, know-how and other confidential information and rights in relation thereto, and all other intellectual Property as defined in Article 2 of the Convention Establishing the World Intellectual Property Organisation of July 1967.
MEMBER OFFERS, BENEFITS AND DISCOUNTS
CCIQ and our partners reserve the right to change, suspend or withdraw member offers, discounts and benefits at any time. All pricing is correct at time of print and subject to change. For International Trade Document discount membership must be current at the time of invoicing. We may share your contact details with third party partners for the purpose of proposing or delivering services to meet your business needs.
SEMINARS, WEBINARS & EVENTS
Seminar, webinar and event entitlements are subject to terms and conditions. These entitlements apply only to seminars, webinars and events that are promoted, managed and delivered by CCIQ.
Entitlements must be utilized within the membership year. Free entitlements may not be rolled over into subsequent membership years.
Events within our signature event program, or those hosted by a third party do not qualify for free attendance.